California Bar Security Guard Faces Felony Charges for Taser Attack on Customer
A bouncer at a Carlsbad establishment faces three felonies after prosecutors say he shot an electroshock weapon at a drinker's face from close range during a World Cup viewing.

California Bar Security Guard Faces Felony Charges for Taser Attack on Customer
A doorman at a drinking establishment in Carlsbad, California, now faces serious criminal charges after authorities say he discharged an electroshock weapon at a customer's face from extremely close distance during a crowded evening.
The confrontation took place on June 24 at Park 101, a venue in the coastal community north of San Diego. The bar was packed with soccer enthusiasts watching an international match, according to The New York Post.
David Marquez, who worked security at the business, allegedly targeted 21-year-old Robert Pulito after staff had told the younger man to exit the premises. Pulito had been consuming alcohol and celebrating a team victory. Footage recorded at the scene captures Marquez pointing and firing the device, causing Pulito to collapse while screaming in pain as surrounding patrons attempted to assist him.
The two metal projectiles from the weapon both connected with Pulito's face in the area of his left eye. Court testimony from Deputy District Attorney Kimberly Coulter placed one probe at the inner corner of the eye socket and the second approximately one centimeter beneath the midpoint of the same eye. Coulter told the judge the injured man was fortunate to avoid more devastating consequences.
Law enforcement took Marquez into custody prior to 8:30 p.m. and transported him to the county detention facility in Vista. His employment at the bar has since been terminated. He stands accused of three felony counts, one being assault committed with a stun device.
Investigators additionally located an online video showing Marquez physically fighting with a different guest on the identical evening. Records from prior legal proceedings reveal a 2006 misdemeanor conviction for domestic violence on his history.
His next court appearance is set for the following month.
Source: NY Post Metro